Are you an Alternative Provisions Teaching Assistant looking for a new and exciting opportunity, to work outdoors? We have an amazing opportunity with a fantastic SEN School located in Plymouth. This school provides itself on giving their pupils the very best education to help them make the next steps in their life.
As an Alternative Provision Teaching Assistant you will be expected to:
- Build a relationship with the student to enable them to trust in school staff. Be reliable, engaging and playful in interactions with the student.
- Be a part of a 2 adults to 1 child team to build relationships so that ultimately the young person can access school again.
- Communicate regularly with staff, parents, carers, and agencies.
- Support learning off site to eventually give the student the opportunity to attend school as the student will be attending a forest school alternative provision for the foreseeable future.
- The use of PACE (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) to support behaviour.
- Support and encourage pupils to engage in learning activities both inside and outside the classroom and promote positive relationships between all in the school community.
To be successful in this role is essential you possess:
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Supported Teaching and Learning or equivalent
- Experience of working with pupils with SEMH or other SEN in a school or other setting
- Relevant experience of supporting children with complex SEND needs including SEMH,
- Cognition and Learning, ASC and Attachment Difficulties
- Outdoor learning experience and / or Forest School qualifications.
As a specialist recruitment consultant I will support you through the recruitment process into your new role.
- PAYE – No umbrella companies
- Free safeguarding training + Free CPD Courses for you to do when it suits you.
- Dedicated Specialist Education Consultant
All of our Teaching Assistants need to have had previous experience of working with children in a class environment either one to one or in groups. The role of a Teaching Assistant is a vital part of any classroom and you will be expected to use your knowledge and experience to help and support the learners and class teacher.
To comply with Safeguarding requirements, you must be on the DBS Update Service, or be prepared to apply for a new Enhanced DBS Check (full assistance given). This are role is Temporary but may lead to a Permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
If you are a Teaching Assistant, looking for a new opportunity then please contact William Biddle on 01752 424740 or send your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
I am always looking for Teachers (EYFS, Primary, Secondary; including ECT), TA’s, SEN TA’s, HLTA’s, Cover Supervisors and Support Roles.
As an Employer and Recruiter, we champion equality, diversity and inclusion and embrace the uniqueness of each and every one of our employees, permanent candidates and temporary workers.Apply Now