Location: Exeter, Devon, England
Salary: GBP33000 - 36750 per Annum
Benefits: DOE plus excellent benefits
Job Ref: XSEKP1611
Posted: 16/11/2023Apply Now
Service Engineer, Exeter, salary up to £36,750 DOE, plus benefits Full Time, Permanent based on the outskirts of Exeter (just off the M5). This will be working Monday to Friday 08.30am – 5pm.
Due to exciting growth, Wise Employment are seeking an experienced Service Engineer for one of our fast growing clients. This role will see you responsible for completing warranty and annual service work for Gas, Electric and heating appliances. You will need to diagnose faults and repair appliances in a timely and cost-effective manner.
You will also carry out maintenance of appliances within the showrooms and complete chargeable annual servicing and repair work for customers, aiming to retain their servicing requirements for subsequent years.
Benefits of working within this company: a Flexi-Time Policy, Electric Vehicle lease scheme or Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme for a range of health, life and work issues, along with generous staff discount on their products. You will also have access to discounts for supermarkets, cinemas, gifts and a wide range of other items. They offer 6.4 weeks starting holiday that will rise with length of service.
Service Engineer duties required:
- This role as a Service Engineer will see you working in a pre-determined area but also covering most areas of the UK so could involve being away from home 4 nights per week.
- This role will provide a fully equipped van, laptop/iPad and phone and expenses for travel incurred.
- To ensure all service and warranty calls are carried out in a professional, timely and accurate manner, ensuring that the issues are properly and fully resolved during the first visit.
- To correctly identify the reason for the reported issue and determine whether that issue falls within a company manufacturing fault or an installation/user fault, which will then be charged on site to the customer.
- To up sell chargeable service work whilst on site and take payment using the supplied payment terminals.
- To issue any safety notices if required and to ensure faulty parts are returned adequately labelled for testing.
Essential Skills required for a Service Engineer:
- Proven experience of working with heating appliances or servicing comparable equipment in the field.
- Full UK driving licence.
- The Service Engineers are required to have and maintain the following training certificates; CCN1 (Domestic Core Gas Safety), HTR1 (Gas Fires & Wall Heaters), CONGLP1 (LPG Changeover), CPA1 – Combustion Analysis, GAS SAFE requirements (OFTEC also an advantage)
The following qualifications whilst not essential, would be an advantage:
- Part P Electrical Safety
- Electrical safe isolation
- HETAS Certification
- Hetas H002 (Solid fuel regulations and Standards)
- Hetas H003 (Dry Appliance Installer)
- Hetas H004 (Wet Appliance installer)
- Hetas H006 (Internal twin wall chimney system installer)
If you are saying yes to all of the above, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply via this job board.Apply Now