Procurement Category Manager
Location: Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England
Salary: GBP35392 - 42618 per Annum
Job Ref: UNI0000104A
Posted: 20/11/2023Apply Now
We are proud to be supporting a local NHS Trust in finding a Procurement Category Manager to join their team within the Procurement department.
The position is based at Beech House, Lincoln, with some travel required to other sites around Lincolnshire.
Working 37.5hrs per week. This is a permanent position, paying between £35,392 - £42,618 DOE and will start immediately for the right candidate!
As a Category Manager, the main purpose of your role will be to undertake projects covering both medical and non-medical commodity areas, achieving the best possible value for money for the Trust(s).
You will be part of a contracting team seeking to ensure that new and existing areas of expenditure are submitted to appropriate procurement processes to deliver cash releasing savings opportunities to the Trust's directorates.
The role will involve developing good relationships; and bringing innovation to the team, which will facilitate the effective procurement of a broad range of good and services. You will also liaise with the NOE CPC, NHS Supply Chain, and other Trusts, as required.
As a Category Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that dealings with suppliers comply with statutory requirements and that the Trust fully complies with its obligations under UK Procurement Legislation.
As a Category Manager, you will:
- Have extensive knowledge of professional purchasing principles acquired through professional qualifications– (CIPS) plus expertise in UK procurement and category management obtained via further training and experience or the equivalent.
- Be confident carrying out complex procurements for high value contracts, developing appropriate evaluation methods.
- Be able to provide & receive complex, sensitive information; persuasive, motivational, negotiating, training skills are required.
- Be able to negotiate contractual issues, communicate statutory financial / procurement regulations to non-supplies people.
- You will be strong communicator, with excellent organisation and prioritisation skills and, the ability to work using own initiative.
Does this sound like the perfect next step in your career ? Apply now via this job board or send your CV to email@example.com
This is a professional purchasing manager level role, therefore applicants must have worked in Procurement previously, with in depth knowledge of the industry and ideally, a professional qualification. If you have not worked in Procurement previously, your application will not be considered. Please note that this is not a retail role and applicants with only retail experience will not be considered. Apply Now