Conveyancing Legal Secretary - Part Time
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
Salary: GBP25000 - 28000 per Annum
Job Ref: KD0000137
Posted: 26/10/2023Apply Now
We are supporting a well known Law Firm in Maidenhead, in finding an experienced Conveyancing Legal Secretary to join their team.
The role will ideally be part time over 3 days, with some flexiblity on which days but full time hours would be considered for the right candidate.
£25,000 - £28,000 This salary is full time hours. (PRO RATA for PART TIME HOURS)
Excellent keyboard skills and strong administrative abilities will be essential for:
- Drafting straightforward legal documents, setting up new files accurately and speedily on instructions from fee earner and dealing with e mails, scanning and copying of documents and correspondence as directed by the lawyers.
- Attending to clients both on the telephone and in person and taking and recording any messages accurately, and passing them onto to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining an up to date diary, as well as providing support for other team members as and when required.
- Assisting with processing of straightforward re-mortgages and transfers of equity, working with some independence but always supported by the relevant lawyer.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of all Firm and client documentation and/or information.
- Keeping up to date with, and where necessary assist with archiving, housekeeping and billing.
- Preparing documents, mortgage deeds and Land Registry searches through the Firm’s case management system
- Ensuring that Certificates of Title are given in accordance with Rule 6 of the CML Lenders Handbook under supervision of the lawyer.
- Ensuring completions take place on the prescribed day and liaise with clients on keys and possessions.
This role is ideally seeking a person with strong conveyancing experience and the salary is between 25K and 28K (Pro rata for part time), along with a competitive benefits package.
We are looking for candidates to start immediately so if this sounds of interest to you, contact us now to find out more! You can also apply directly via this job board and we will call you to discuss the next steps.Apply Now