Water Science Laboratory Analyst
Location: Grangemouth, Falkirk, Scotland
Salary: GBP22000 - 24000 per Annum
Job Ref: NSI0000017A
Posted: 11/10/2023Apply Now
We are extremely proud to be working with a well known Water Treatment Company who have a global reach!
A position has become available for an experienced Water Science Laboratory Analyst to join the team. This could be you!
Paying up to £24,000 DOE + Annual bonus up to 5% of salary. 22 days holiday + Bank holidays, Pension Employee 4.5% and Employer 4.5% via salary sacrifice, Private Healthcare and Death in Service (4 x basic salary) after probation. (This position is also available on a Fixed Term Contract basis for 3-6 months).
Hours of Work – 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
As a Laboratory Analyst in the Water Science sector, you will take the lead from the Laboratory Team Analyst and will have responsibility for the safe and efficient testing of our customers samples.
You will be responsible for the careful handling of samples from receipt to registration, analysis, storage and disposal, and ultimately to the reporting of customers results, through the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
You will also ensure that all records and pieces of equipment are cared for and maintained to the highest standard.
In this position, you will be challenged to meet KPIs on turnaround time, quality and reporting to both internal and external customers.
As a Lab Analyst, you will be key to the laboratory maintaining its UKAS accreditation, by conforming to our established ISO 17025 Quality System.
Required Skills/Qualifications (Essential):
- Existing knowledge of good laboratory practice, routine testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting gained from at least 2 years practical experience.
- Previous experience and existing knowledge within the Water Treatment Industry
- Excellent numeracy, literacy, computer literacy and laboratory skills
- Good working knowledge of Quality systems such as ISO 9001 and ISO 17025
- Good awareness of all HSE aspects in a laboratory environment (i.e., COSHH, RA)
- Experience with standard laboratory applications such as Microsoft software and Lims systems.
- Advantageous to have knowledge and experience of GC-MS, Ion Chromatography, FT-IR and Spectrophotometry.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and written and oral presentation skills of a high standard with ability to write detailed reports
Required Skills/Qualifications (Desirable):
- Degree/HND in Biochemistry/Chemistry or related science
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience of water, waste water, cooling water and boiler water in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, food & beverage industries would be highly advantageous
- Experience in developing analytical techniques.
If you are a Laboratory Analyst seeking a new opportunity in the Water Treatment industry, apply now via this job board or send your CV to Danielles@elite-recruitmentsolutions,co,uk Apply Now