Location: Torquay, Devon, England
Salary: GBP13 - 13 per Hour
Job Ref: TqyCSC1708
Posted: 17/08/2023Apply Now
Welcoming College is looking for a Caretaker to maintain the College. Are you an experienced Caretaker looking for a new opportunity with a well-established and reputable College in Torquay?
If so, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for! As a Caretaker you will carry out core activities including; undertaking minor repairs, maintenance tasks and responsible for opening and/or closing the building where required.
Hours & Salary: Monday – Friday. Guaranteed 37.5 hrs per week. Rotating the hours below weekly.
Day Shift: 07:30 - 15:30, £12.50 p/h.
Late Shift: 11:00 - 19:00, £12.50 p/h.
Location: Torquay, Devon. United Kingdom. 12-week Temporary Probation Period to Permanent position. Easily accessible with Public Transport.
Benefits: Pleasant Working Environment, Friendly Staff, Great Earning Potential.
- Possess the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability.
- Be adaptable and easily embrace changing priorities.
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner.
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships.
- Able to read and write English to a good standard due to paperwork and communication.
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers.
- Have previous experience within a similar role
Day to Day Duties:
- Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring the exterior of the site is in a clean, tidy and reasonable state of repair, inclusive of general external maintenance tasks.
- Assisting the facilities team with the control of contractor's process, inclusive of ensuring contractors are signed in correctly, and signed out, and that everyone is adhering to site policies and rules.
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed.
- Complete schedules, sequences and assignments.
- Maintain an organised / visual workspace.
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks.
- Participate in training where required.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
- To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
If you would like to apply and hear more about this role, then please apply through this Job Board by clicking ‘Apply’ or look up Wise Employment Plymouth Branch telephone number and give Terri a call today!Apply Now