3 month Temporary - Water Treatment/Mechanical Engineer
Location: Ince, Cheshire, England
Salary: GBP26000 - 28000 per Annum
Benefits: free parking, holiday pay
Job Ref: BRVE0000106
Posted: 28/07/2023Apply Now
Are you immediately available and looking for work? Do you have previous water treatment experience or strong mechnical maintenance expertise?
We have a 3 month temporary assignment to start ASAP. It could lead to an extended contract or opportunity for further vcancies within the Company!
You will be working from the clients premises in Ince
The role is called a Water Technician and, as such, you will be working on this clients site providing them with water solutions from reuse, industrial irrigation, municipal and drinkng water needs. The site is large and you will need to be a car driver in order to get around the site.
The role will entail taking samples of water and testing them in the laboratory to identify the ph balance etc. where necessary you will then add chemicals to the water to improve the quality of the water. You will be responsible for travelling around the whole of the plant taking water samples from various places. On top of this you will check that the water treatment equipment is working well and carrying out planned maintenance to ensure the smooth running of the plant. Some fixing will be expected but if complex then you will discuss and the Line Manager will support you on work with contractors where necessary.
The Water Treatment Technician will:
- Have a previous experience in either water testing maintenance or mechanical engineering
- Previous experience of completing data entry and reports using Microsoft based packages
- Have a clean and valid driving licence, company vehicle provided on site.
- Possess exemplary communication skills both written and oral
- Have excellent organisational skills
The successful Water Treatment Technician will work closely with the Account manager to ensure that all work is carried out, for clients in a safe manner observing Customer and Company and legislative requirements. Working to the company’s agreement, at each site and making necessary recommendations. You will ensure that a service plan is in place that will contain but won’t be limited to the scope of supply services and products.
For this position you will need:
- Either previous Water testing experience or a degree or equivalent in chemistry
- Worked in a laboratory and tested liquids and monitored results
- A full driving licence as you will be driving around a very large site daily.
- The hours are Monday to Friday 40 hours a week, flexibility on start and end time but normally 7 till 3, 8 till 4 type hours.
This role offers a salary equivalent to 26 to 28k with holiday pay on pay top, free parking. It's working for a global household name and could lead to other work! This role is immediately available and training will be provided. Full PPE will be supplied to you before working on site.