We have an excellent opportunity to join this Global organisation who seek an exceptional
Plant and Fleet Maintenance Leader to join their successful team in Peterborough
The Benefits: This role offers a salary between 40K and £51K dependent upon the experience you bring to the role. Further benefits include: 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, Contributory pension scheme, private medical, ongoing development.
Hours: working Monday to Friday 8 hours per day - 8am to 5pm plus overtime as required.
This is a service centre and home to a large chemical regeneration facility with a fleet of over 100 mobile water treatment units that are primarily fixed within trailers and containers.
As the Plant and Fleet Maintenance Leader you will manage the maintenance team of around 5 personnel ensuring that the maintenance activities are completed on both the plant and mobile equipment so that they are in excellent working order and ready for use.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership qualities with a minimum of 3 years in a similar environment, leading a team, ensuring that work is carried out to schedule and have the ability to meet, sometimes, pressurised time lines by motivating the workforce and getting everyone to work cohesively as a team.
You will implement preventative maintenance programmes, act quickly with a high level of flexibility when unexpected events occur ensuring that the team will help you to meet the demands of the business that is ever changing and acts on other companies emergencies to get the mobile equipment to them at a moment’s notice.
Desk work will include the planning, forecasting and budgeting of your Team/Division and reporting using Google Suite.
Day to day responsibilities will include
EHS – Regular housekeeping inspections and completion of EHS reporting and supporting the plant with building and sustaining a zero tolerance EHS culture.
The role will be 50/50 desk based and working alongside the team with hands on tasks
Ensuring that the fleet of water treatment equipment is ready to use and fit for purpose.
Help and support the senior management with the role out of new concepts and ideas and contribute towards the improvement of the plant
Carrying out risk assessments and reporting
Liaison with other team and shift leaders
Management of the team on a daily, weekly, monthly basis including training, mentoring and development of your team
you will also need to have planning, budgeting and forecasting experience as this is key within this role.
Reporting using MS Office and internal database
Expectations in reference to H&S
- Maintain the Personal Protection Equipment
- Reporting of ALL near misses / Incidents
- 100% regulatory audit findings closed within 30 days
- To accomplish the legally required training for 100% and be perceptibly skilled on the basis of the received training
- Participating and stimulating others in the participation to housekeeping & inspection rounds, BBS and procedure audits
- Actively bring up suggestions for improvement of the program in the field of health and safety
- Attention for health and safety aspects and/or unsafe practices and stimulate other people to show the same behaviour.
What do you need to be able to take on this role?
- Understanding of EHS issues and their impact in production areas. An EHS champion
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments, investigation of incidents and reporting
- IT: general pc-software
- Practical experience in logistical surroundings ideally mechanical engineering background
- Knowledge of planning methods
- Affinity for work in production surroundings
- Minimum 3 years spent in a supervisor position in a bespoke production environment.
- Good standard of education
- Flexibility on hours worked - 40 hours per week between 8am and 5pm. However, emergency overtime is often required to support a client with receipt of important equipment that may require your teams input prior to being sent out.
Please note that this role will be based from the site in Peterborough full time.
Don't delay.... contact us NOW!Apply Now