Location: Kintore, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Salary: GBP16 - 16 per Hour
Benefits: weekly pay
Job Ref: SMTP2803
Posted: 31/03/2023Apply Now
Do you specialise in Mechanical Technician in Production and want to start a new career with a well-established Oil and Gas Company who have over 40years of expertise? Are you energised by challenges and drawn towards opportunities? Are you aspiring and keen to advance within an organisation?
If so, then this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for! As a Mechanical Technician in Production you will carry out core activities including; monitoring and control of materials, products or equipment to detect defects or faults. Maintain assembly line performance standards, e.g. by monitoring gauges, dials and other indicators.
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7am - 3.30pm. Friday, 7am – 2.30pm. Guaranteed 39hrs per week.
Location: Kintore, Scotland. United Kingdom. High possibility of a Temporary to Permanent position.
Salary: £16.27 p/h.
- Working knowledge within an assembly & manufacturing environment including the preparation of components.
- Time served apprenticeship or HNC in a relevant subject.
- Computer literacy (Including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information.
- Has solutions and suggestions that are effective in addressing the problem at hand.
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks.
- Higher education in a relevant subject.
- Have a background in a mechanical based profession.
- Forklift B2 and overhead crane certificates.
- Confident and professional when representing the company in person and in writing.
Day to Day Duties:
- Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Carry out designated tasks as instructed
- Complete schedules, sequences and assignments for assembly line activities.
- Carry out work instructions as given by Section Leader, e.g. work specifications, equipment operation.
- Maintain an organised / visual workspace.
- Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality.
- Support all NCR reporting.
- Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Carry out other duties as and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected by line manager.
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks.
- Ensure that all procedures/paperwork are completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.
- Participate in training where required.
Health, Safety & Environment:
- Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
- To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
If you would like to apply and hear more about this role, then please apply through this Job Board, or look up Wise Employment Plymouth and give Terri or Kate a call today!Apply Now