Location: Exeter, Devon, England
Salary: GBP22 - 23 per Hour
Job Ref: EXEX006RL
Posted: 30/06/2022Apply Now
Wise Employment have an excellent opportunity for a Revenue Lead to join our client at Exeter City Council, on a Temporary basis until 30/04/2023.
Part time, 3 days per week. Based at the Civic Centre, Exeter or Remote Working.
As a Revenue Lead, your duties will include:
- Communicating a clear vision and strong direction, ensuring there is clarity of purpose, principles and priorities and performance outcomes expected.
- Planning and prioritising service activities to deliver a high quality, secure, reliable and efficient services, ensuring adequate tools and resources are available and removing obstacles to achievement.
- Managing and implementing change by supporting, motivating and inspiring the teams to deliver optimum service. Encouraging input, measuring effectiveness, checking and learning often and giving feedback.
- Full line management of direct reports and overall responsibility of employees within the Revenues Service.
- Giving hands on support to the Council Tax Energy Rebate scheme; Including the management of cases, decision making on complex issues, taxpayer dispute resolution and the retrieval and collation of management and government specified reporting.
- Collating legacy Business Grants data and reconciliation from various databases
- Quality assuring legacy Business Grants data for central government
- Co-ordinating and completing FOI requests (Revenues/Benefits & Customer Services
- Assisting in the resolution of ad-hoc Revenues (Benefits & C/Services) process issues as required
- Assisting with administering the payment elements of the Homes for Ukraine scheme and the Household Support Fund Schemes.
- Researching and preparing briefing documents and committee reports across the Customer Access system
- Providing other lead level assistance as required to the Customer Access system
As a Revenue Lead, you will:
- Possess an IRRV Level 5 Professional Diploma or equivalent & be an IRRV Member
- Current knowledge of regulations, legislation, guidance and case law in respect of Council Tax, Business Rates, Housing Benefit. Including Subsidy rules and overpayment collection, Council Tax Support, Housing Rent collection, Garage Rent & Rechargeable Repair collection, Sundry Debts collection.
- Be experienced in coaching, mentoring and developing team managers in a fast changing, and often demanding environment, with the ability to lead and motivate staff to work collaboratively and achieve clear performance outcomes
- Understand the difference between customer needs and customer desires, and be able to maximise the Council’s income in a sustainable, customer focussed way by balancing the needs of the Council with the needs of the customer
- Demonstrate a friendly and approachable personality and excellent communication skills
- Be flexible in your approach to working hours and the duties that you will be asked to perform.
- Be able to cope well with conflicting pressures and deadlines
- Be confident in your ability to independently evaluate and prioritise work
- Be an excellent and practical problem solver
- Be methodical and accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Possess excellent IT skills, preferably with experience of using Capita products and running queries to extract data
The role reports to the Service Lead Revenues, Benefits & Customer Access and will work alongside our current Revenues Lead. Also in the management team are the Benefits & Welfare Lead, Customer Support Lead and Customer Support Lead (Service Redesign).
The whole team works mainly from home and the successful candidate will enjoy that same flexibility.
Candidates are required to meet the conditions of the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, including a current Basic DBS check, and be able to evidence this on request.
If you are confident in yout ability to lead with excellent knowledge of current Council Tax processes and feel you would be the right candidate for this role, apply now via this job board or the Wise Employment website.
You can also view our live vacancies on our Faceboook page, Wise Exeter.