Location: Teignmouth, Devon, England
Salary: GBP10 - 10 per Hour
Job Ref: TO1143SCT
Posted: 06/07/2022Apply Now
Immediate Start - School Caretaker required at a School in Teignmouth, Monday to Friday, 30hrs/ week over 4 days. £10.29/hour, paid weekly.
Temporary to permanent opportunity.
Do you have experience working as a caretaker or in a similar role? We want to hear from you!
The post holder will be responsible for the care of the school site, provision of maintenance and security services on school premises, thereby ensuring a safe working environment.
Reporting to the Head of Estates and Maintenance, the school caretaker's duties will include:
- To assist in the strategic management of the estate.
- Be aware of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations and comply with it's requirements in all aspects of the work. Where required, training will be provided.
- Follow all procedures specified in site operations manual, where relevant.
- Act as a key holder and be responsible for the security of the building(s), including occasionally opening/closing the school and investigating alarms.
- Prepare the school site, premises, rooms and work areas. Porterage duties as required and particularly the laying out of furniture and other equipment for timetabled activities without direct instruction.
- Be able to quickly respond to unfamiliar circumstances and to assume responsibility for the site at short notice.
- Occasionally be available to be on site outside of normal hours.
Experience as a grounds caretaker or similar is essential for this position.
Driving licence essential.
An Enhanced DBS disclosure will be required to be carried out for this role.
If you are a caretaker or think you have the relevant skills, please apply now via this job board or on the Wise Employment website.