Accounts Receivable & Credit Control
Location: St Austell, Cornwall, England
Salary: GBP25000 - 27500 per Annum
Benefits: weekly pay
Job Ref: PLYARCC
Posted: 05/05/2022Apply Now
Wise Employment are currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable & Credit Control for an established production company based in the St Austell area to work within their Finance Team. This is a Temporary to Permanent office based full time role, working 42.50 hours, on a salary of £25,000 - £27,500 per year.
As an Accounts Receivable & Credit Controller, you will manage and control the company’s sales ledger, invoices, credits and outstanding payments, ensuring that financial data is captured in a timely and accurate manner and that outstanding debts are recovered promptly, effectively and professionally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage, oversee & chase all credit accounts, constantly strive to reduce the Age Debt in line with our credit terms & credit insurance parameters. Use stop letter’s where customers have exceeded their trading terms. Keep credit insurers updated, follow their instructions and when directed to, instigate legal debt & recovery proceedings for bad debts. Deal with all associated paperwork, correspondence and retain records.
- Process & post all customer account payments daily to the sales ledger received by cheque, bacs, cash or card. Handle appropriately and prepare cash, cheques for banking.
- Complete and send the notification schedule to Lloyds Commercial Banking daily and at the end of each month perform month end reconciliation.
- Manage, interrogate & resolve all customer accounts/invoice queries. Where applicable liaise with customer services/sales departments and once approved liaise with customer and resolve satisfactorily.
- Provide customers with copy invoices and POD requests as required.
- Update sales ledger, CRM records, customer details as required, keep accurate records.
- Update Query Tracker & NCR Report with collection note credits, process and record all customer credits.
- Management of Credit Insurance & correspondence.
- Work within shared mailboxes, document filing and answering phone calls as and when required
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, provide financial reporting to management as and when required. Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and cost reductions.
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Advanced Qualifications in Accountancy, Bookkeeping and Financial Management would be greatly beneficial and sought after, however, consideration will be given to applicants that are keen to learn and have potential to progress in responsibility and position.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Able to work under pressure whilst still hitting deadlines.
This is a Monday – Friday office based position 8.00am – 5.00pm. Temporary to permanent, weekly pay first 12 weeks.
If you are keen on progressing your career for a long–standing and reputable company, earning a competitive salary please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now