Location: Totnes, Devon, England
Salary: GBP25000 - 25000 per Annum
Benefits: 33 Days Holidays
Job Ref: JCDRH2010
Posted: 20/10/2021Apply Now
Housing Officer - Totnes - £25k, 33 days holidays, Free Parking, Up to 8% Contributory Pension Scheme. Immediate Start
Fantastic opportunity has arisen to join this small rural Housing Association.
To maintain an up to date knowledge of the law and regulation applicable to the duties contained within this post and bring any major or relevant changes in the law or regulation to the attention of the Operations Director.
- Provide support and guidance to the housing team in the absence of the Housing Manager
- Ensure the Association’s properties are well maintained
- Manage the Association’s tenancies
- Manage the allocation of new tenancies
- Ensure that the Association’s income is maximised through effective arrears control and empty property management
- Encourage and develop tenant participation
- Deliver a customer focussed service
- Manage the association’s leasehold schemes
- Manage the association’s management contracts and leased schemes
Housing Management and Maintenance
- Contribute in developing and reviewing, where necessary the Association’s housing management policies and procedures in co-ordination with the Housing Manager.
- Sign up new tenants, providing all necessary advice, information and support to enable them to sustain their tenancy
- Offer general welfare and debt advice to tenants
- Provide a sensitive, customer focussed and effective housing management service to tenants
- Take prompt and effective action on any breaches of tenancy
- Be proactive in administering within delegated authorities the Association’s repair and maintenance procedures to ensure reactive repairs are ordered and completed within target response times and to an acceptable standard and cost
- Liaise with contractors to ensure the effective delivery of the responsive repair service
- Maintain the Association’s computerised database and provide performance monitoring reports to the Housing Manager.
- Allocate and let the Associations properties in accordance with the Association’s Lettings Policy.
- Facilitate transfers, mutual exchanges, mobility scheme moves and any other moves that may be necessary
- Offer advice and information to tenants wishing to move
- Ensure empty properties are re-let as quickly as possible according to the Association’s lettings standard
- Ensure that all necessary action is taken to minimise rent arrears across all tenures, ensuring that personal targets and those set by the Board are met
- Liaise with external agencies to facilitate the recovery of rent arrears or other debts owed to the Association
- Liaise with external agencies to ensure income from third party agencies is maximised
- Liaise with the association’s Care Home in respect of setting up new residents on the association’s housing management software and collection of room charges
- Manage fair rents making applications to the rent officer service in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Finance Director to ensure rents are increased in accordance with the association’s policies.
- Encourage tenants to establish tenants Associations and provide the necessary support and advice to sustain those groups
- Encourage tenants to become members of existing Tenants Associations and participate in their activities
- Support tenant groups and provide information to tenants on how they can participate in the work of the Association
General Office Administration
- Manage all personal enquiries made to the Association via personal call, telephone, post or email.
- Quickly and efficiently account for and bank all monies collected or received at the Office
- Ensure that tenancy records are up to date
- Develop and sustain positive working relationships with colleagues and Board Members.
- Contribute positively towards the improvement of services to the Association’s customers
- Participate in Training opportunities to develop understanding and knowledge to fulfil the role and to keep up to date with changes in legislation, regulation and Best Practice
- Undertake other duties as may be required consistent with the responsibility of the post
- Ensure compliance with the Association’s obligation in respect of the law, registration, regulation, policy, procedure and Health and Safety obligations and bring any concerns to the Attention of the Housing Manager.
Health & Safety
- Lead on all Health & Safety issues for the company stock reporting regularly to the Housing Manager
Please call Jackie Carson on 01392 340195 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now