Gym Assistant - Kick start
Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Salary: GBP5 - 9 per Hour
Benefits: Excellent opportunity with training provided
Job Ref: KSSGA21
Posted: 04/10/2021Apply Now
Outstanding KICKSTART Placemen for Gym Assistant
Are you aged between 16 and 24?
Are you on Universal Credit and currently unemployed?
Are you seeking a role within a Gym / Fitness environment?
Kickstart roles offers you the chance to learn new skills over a 6 month period and further develop your career, whilst working a minimum of 25 hours per week and being paid at least minimum wage with potentially scope for a permanent role after the 6 months..
We are supporting a KICKSTART placement for a Gym Assistant
Hybrid is Plymouth’s Premier Combat Gym and due to growth and expansion we are offering fantastic opportunities for two candidates under the Kick-start scheme to move into the fitness world as Gym Assistants.
They have rewritten the rule book on martial arts and fitness training. Their amazing 9000+ sq ft facility houses only the very best coaches and equipment. They pride themselves on being able to provide the highest quality of training and service to members. Regardless of your age, gender or ability, they are confident that you will have the ultimate martial arts experience.
Hybrid provides a safe, fun and most importantly beginner friendly environment for both children and adults.
WHAT SKILLS/QUALITIES/EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
The roles are based in Plymouth and will ideally suit candidates with a keen interest in fitness and an enthusiasm for helping people reach their fitness goals. You will possibly have taken part in some form of martial arts although not essential.
From this role, you will gain an insight into the world of fitness and overall understanding of the gym membership process. You will be trained in setting up gym equipment and classes for the instructors to teach. You will learn how to deal with membership enquiries and also potentially be trained in keeping the social media content updated. You will also learn reception duties including customer care and retail duties.
As this role is working within the Leisure Industry, it will involve working shifts including some weekends and evenings. This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check (Child Workforce) which the costs will be covered for you.
Day to day your role over the next 6 months will include:
- Reception duties – answering the phone, taking messages, dealing with enquiries, meet and greet duties
- Customer Service – including till work when shop items are purchased
- Assisting classes by setting up and laying out equipment
- Providing new members with site tours
- Setting up new memberships onto the system
- Assisting with keeping the Social Media Content up to date
- Cleaning duties – ensure the building facilities and equipment are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and covid safe
- Stock replenishment duties
HOW TO APPLY!
- If you could be interested and currently on Universal Credit, aged between 16 and 24 then click the button and apply now. We will be calling you :)