KICKSTART - Trainee Workshop Operative
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire, England
Salary: GBP5 - 9 per Hour
Job Ref: KICKHAWCO1
Posted: 01/09/2021Apply Now
Outstanding KICKSTART Placement for Trainee Workshop Operative
Are you aged between 16 and 24?
Are you on Universal Credit?
Are you seeking a role in Production/Warehouse?
Kickstart roles offers you the chance to learn new skills over a 6 month period and further develop your career, whilst working a minimum of 25 hours per week and being paid at least minimum wage.
We are supporting a KICKSTART placement for a Trainee Workshop Operative
Hawco (trading as Abbeychart) in Swindon are a leading international supplier of component parts, spares and accessories to operators and OEMs in the vending, coffee, soft drinks and water sectors across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia.
- You will learn to contribute in the refurbishment, kitting and warehouse areas – working to tight deadlines and quality standards
- Maintain a clean and functional space within both the production and warehouse areas of the business
- Working closely with the warehouse staff you will ensure goods are available to meet customer schedules
- Undertaking all new assembly, refurbishment and kitting duties as directed by the Production Manager
- Reporting to the Production Manager of any issues, stock availability, quality concerns, consumables that may impact the due date
- Packing of goods appropriate to the method of transport
- Actively monitoring and developing your own skills, reviewing regularly with the Production Manager
- Performing warehouse custodian duties in designation areas.
- Covering the duties and tasks of fellow Production operatives in their absence.
- Undertaking warehouse related activities for Goods In/Goods Out and warehousing
- Other duties as required by The Company.
WHAT SKILLS/QUALITIES/EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
- Good standard of education in English and Mathematics
- Good with your hands
- Physically fit and standing and working
- Logical thinker
Throughout this placement Hawco Limited will provide you with on-the-job training and mentoring to develop your transferrable skills, as well as training on the following skills:- Attendance management, Timekeeping, Teamwork and communication.
HOW TO APPLY!
If you could be interested and currently on Universal Credit, aged between 16 and 24 then click the button and apply now. We will be calling you!Apply Now