Location: Westbury, Wiltshire, England
Salary: GBP5 - 9 per Hour
Job Ref: KICKPARK
Posted: 25/08/2021Apply Now
Outstanding KICKSTART Placement for Centre Assistant
Are you aged between 16 and 24?
Are you on Universal Credit?
Are you seeking a role in Administration?
Kickstart roles offers you the chance to learn new skills over a 6 month period and further develop your career, whilst working a minimum of 25 hours per week and being paid at least minimum wage.
We are supporting a KICKSTART placement for a Centre Assistant
Leigh Park Community Centre is a multi-hall facility where businesses and private clients can hire space to run classes for children and adults and hold functions for private parties and etc. There is a coffee shop that is open Monday to Friday and an onsite pre-school open in term time. For functions there is a bar facility. The centre is very popular within the local community with a high footfall of up to 2000 people per week.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with Centre users.
- Taking and receiving payments from Centre users.
- Data entry and ensuring all records are accurate and up to date.
- Managing enquiries from a wide range of users and act as a focal point for information and communication between users and others service partners
- Ensuring centre and reception area is neat and tidy at all times and conforms to the highest standards of customer care.
- Assist with social media marketing.
- Setting up of filing systems and archives as required.
- Providing administrative support where required.
- Supporting other Centre staff in preparation for events and activities as required
- Planning and organising own work load to meet deadlines
- Resolving day to day issues, or identifying matters that require escalating
- Assisting with the set up and servicing of meetings and functions including simple refreshments.
- Undertaking training and attend meetings as required and as directed by the Centre Manager.
WHAT SKILLS/QUALITIES/EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
- Good level GCSEs in Maths and English
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to use a keyboard with a good understanding of basic software packages
- Confident in speaking to clients face to face and over the telephone
Throughout this placement Leigh Park Community Centre will provide you with on-the-job training and mentoring to develop your transferrable skills, as well as training on the following skills:- Attendance management, Timekeeping, Teamwork and communication.
HOW TO APPLY!
If you could be interested and currently on Universal Credit, aged between 16 and 24 then click the button and apply now. We will be calling youApply Now