Applications Scientist - Life Sciences
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
Salary: GBP30000 - 35000 per Annum
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Job Ref: BRCA00051
Posted: 20/08/2021Apply Now
An outstanding opportunity for an Applications Scientist who has a BSc a life science - ideally biotech and a proven track record of working with clients in a wet lab environment! This rapidly expanding niche science Group of companies that sell within the proteins/reagents and diagnostics markets. The successful candidate will work closely with the applications manager to in the development of new and existing products for laboratories, research establishments and universities with a global reach of over 53 counties
As an experienced Applications Scientist you will be part of the product development team you will work closely with internal teams to ensure that the clients have the right products and diagnostic equipment to carry out the work to be undertaken.
The role predominately involves the development of applications for proteins/reagents and diagnostics equipment.
- Push innovation by providing technical content for the Marketing Team to use.
- Find new technologies, products and companies/vendors to add to portfolio of products.
- Technical review and approval of which external vendor catalogues to take on and subsequent efficient upload.
- Establish product/ technology training sessions for other functional teams within Calibre Scientific.
- Take part-in and organize workshops, technical seminars and external conferences.
- Provide technical support to all other business unit functions.
- Manage strategic key accounts and partnerships.
- Build working relationships with the relevant Business Unit managers.
As an experience Applications Scientist you will have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, be organised and be able to manage several projects at the same time. The Applications scientist will be driven by the development of new technologies and innovation; working within the team to add these to our clients portfolio of products. You will also have previous experience in a similar role and a Masters in biology, chemistry, microbiology, biological sciences or equivalent is preferred.
In return you will get a competitive base salary and attractive commission and other benefits.
If this sound like the role for you then please send your CV via this job board in the first instance or contact Elite Recruitment on 01628 591800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Apply Now