Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Salary: GBP19000 - 25000 per Annum
Benefits: Permanent Role, bespoke training given
Job Ref: PLYKPCJ
Posted: 15/08/2021Apply Now
Wise Employment are currently recruiting for a Carpenter/Fabricator (Manufacturing) to join a well-established company based in Plymouth. The company specialise in bespoke home surfaces and doors using a variety of materials including wood, glass, mosaic tiles, and stone.
The primary aim is to assemble/put together all pieces of a job in relation to job packet forms, both accurately and in line with installation timelines and schedule demands.
- · Assess and understand job packets assigned
- · Follow instructions in the job packets relating to each unique installation to assemble pieces, glue and finish each item in readiness for in home installation.
- · Provide assistance and support to the cutter as required
- · Consistency be aware of all Health & Safety and safe work best practice procedures and equipment
- · Ensure General Manager is aware of any issues relating to safety and safe work practices within the workshop.
- · Adhere to the workshop schedule in relation to daily, weekly, monthly and annual cleaning and maintenance of all tools, equipment, supplies and work areas throughout the workshop
- · Ensure new product and supplies are placed and stored in appropriate storage areas, consistently maintaining safe work best practice in doing so.
- · Be aware of installation timelines and schedule demands/deadlines, ensuring the General Manager is made aware of any timeline’s issues.
You will be proficient in using the following tools, however training will be provided too if needed.
- · Feestool Saw and Tracking System and Festool Orbital Sander and Grit Pads
- · Festol Drill Driver
- · Angle Grinder and Skills Saw
- · Dremel/Rotary Tool
- · Various other tools
Further training is provided that covers areas such as Technical, Fabrication, Installation, Machinery, Plumbing and Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate will:
- · Hands on experience either as an apprentice or in a commercial environment would be highly desirable
- · Carpentry joinery experience
- · Knowledge of plumbing
- · Excellent physical ability which allows you to safely lift and carry up to 35KG (loading, transporting/installing)
- · Excellent time keeping skills in order to meet strict deadlines
- · Fabricating experience is desirable
- · Knowledge of granite is highly desirable
- · A willingness to continually learn and develop new skills
- · Well-presented and great communication skills
- · Full UK Driving Licence
This is a full-time position working Monday – Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm with occasional weekends and in return the company is offering a Competitive Salary of £19,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
If you feel that you have meet the above requirements then please send us your CV to Plymouth@wiseemployment.co.uk. We look forward to hearing from you today! Apply Now