Vice President of Operations - Bioscience
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: GBP90000 - 110000 per Annum
Benefits: Excellent Benefits
Job Ref: BRCA000042V
Posted: 18/02/2021Apply Now
We are proud to be representing a fast growing, fast paced Organisation that has a global reach within Bioscience that sells both consumables and diagnostics. We have a great opportunity to join this dynamic company as Vice President of Operations UK & EMEA, £90,000 - £110,000 pa + annual bonus + excellent benefits package.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree in a Science subject or equivalent or over 6 years related experience. It will be a prerequisite be able to work with mathematical formulae and have a very good command of the English language to not only communicate but to read and understand technical data, government documentation and write technical reports including scientific data.
The Vice President of Operations UK & EMEA, within the scientific arena, is a brand new role and will be based from the Reading/Home Counties areas and will be responsible to head operations in both the UK and EMEA. Working in partnership with the COO who is responsible for the global operations, improvements and initiatives. You will be responsible for all activities related to the operations and development of the Company products throughout the UK and EMEA personally and through your management team. As and experienced VP of Operations you will be looking to implement and drive change through your teams to maximise performance.
The Company is very customer focused and you will consultant with the US and all departments across your territory to ensure the highest quality of service is provided through all areas and divisions of the Company. You will be responsible to support quality and operational excellence by ensuring compliance to applicable regulations in all operational policies and procedures utilised by the business units.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The direct management of the EMEA General Managers and other key operational staff
- Passionate about the development of people, processes and the overall operations strategy in alignment with Company objects.
- Serve as the interim lead for relevant functions as needed
- Lead and oversee the operations which will include all areas such as logistics, facilities, manufacturing and customer service
- The recruitment and training of operations employees including post acquisition of similar businesses and inspiring employees to recognize paths of advancement and growth based on personal performance and the employee’s own aspirations
- Be a champion for continuous improvement efforts in order to streamline and simplify processes for scalability and work-flow efficiency
- Work with the COO to develop measurable and actionable KPI’s to track and communicate on operational performance to all employees, the Board and senior leadership team and ensure the monitoring and control of KPI’s.
- The development of the business units operational budgets and manage and control the expenditure in order to achieve operational plans, budgets and time scales.
- The negotiation of contracts, monitoring the logistics and implementing best practice for all outbound transportation processes including the shipping programs as required
- Facility planning and site alignment, implementing best practice
- Monitor, evaluate and adapt to changing demands that will include sales price pressure, tariffs, sourcing costs etc.
- Participation in vendor negotiations, where necessary to ensure cost-efficiency and product quality supporting all stuff conducting the negotiations.
- Support the COO in other geographical locations as needed.
- Preparation and representation of the Company at audits conducted by customers and third parties.
- May coordinate with the COO to support responsibilities that fall in other geographies as needed
The Vice President of Operations UK & EMEA will be achievement focused and have a strong business acumen, ethical and inspirational taking pride in keeping commitments, highly customer centric and a proactive, strategic leader who shares vision and ensures that each member of the team recognizes their value and the important part they place in the smooth operation and success of this dynamic business. In return you will receive an excellent salary package and the opportunity to utilise your expertise within an aggressively expanding Organisation that has a strong focus on growth and acquisition of similar boutique companies.
If this fantastic opportunity sounds like the role for you then please send your CV via this job board in the first instance or contact elite recruitment on 01628 591800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Apply Now