Location: Reading, Berkshire, England
Salary: GBP20000 - 25000 per Annum
Job Ref: BRBA0000122
Posted: 15/02/2021Apply Now
We are proud to working with a leading Reading Legal firm who are seeking a results oriented IT Administrator who has a BSc in Computer Science (or similar)
The role entails taking responsibility to support the Firm with the IT infrastructure, working closely with the external IT Engineers.
You will be upgrading and installing hardware and software along with trouble shooting to resolve IT issues and maintaining the networks. It is essential to have a good understanding of Cloud based operating systems as, currently, the Firm is in the process of migrating all the programmes to the cloud. This will entail ensuring that staff can function well, on a day to day basis with the minimum of disruption.
You will also work closely with the Office Manager and be involved in the general management of the day to day operations which will include budgeting and other strategic planning in relation to IT resources.
This role would highly suit an individual who enjoys optimising the performance of an IT infrastructure by taking the time to understand the needs of the business and to find solutions to meet the demands in a cloud based environment.
Whilst the main focus of the role will be the IT related duties you will be expected to carry out a range of other administrative tasks to support the Office Manager and to ensure the smooth running of the business in general.
IT Administrator Responsibilities:Monitoring and maintaining IT networks.
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and software.
- Maintaining and updating content on the firm’s intranet (SharePoint).
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimise computer systems.
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data.
- Developing data retrieval and recovery procedures.
- Dealing with technical queries from members of staff regarding the firm’s case management system and other programmes.
- Assisting the Office Manager in relation to the renewal of policies, certificates and accreditations.
IT Administrator Requirements:
- BSc in Computer Science ( or similar)
- Good understanding of software and hardware.
- Experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies.
- Ability to implement best practices in IT administration and system security.
- Exceptional organisational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Career orientated and able to grow into the role and with the demands of the Firm
- Excellent keyboard skills
If this fantastic opportunity sounds like the role for you then please send your CV via this job board in the first instance or contact elite recruitment on 01628 591800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Apply Now