Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Salary: GBP18000 - 25000 per Annum
Job Ref: PLYC
Posted: 05/02/2021Apply Now
Wise Employment are currently recruiting for a Carpenter/Fabricator (Manufacturing) to join a well-established company based in Plymouth. The company specialise in Granite & Quartz Worktop Overlays, boasting a stunning collection of innovative granite, quartz, recycled glass and porcelain worktops, complimented by a beautiful collection of replacement kitchen doors and glass mosaic tiles.
The primary aim is to assemble/put together all pieces of a job in relation to job packet forms, both accurately and in line with installation timelines and schedule demands.
- Assess and understand job packets assigned
- Follow instructions in the job packets relating to each unique installation to assemble pieces, glue and finish each item in readiness for in home installation.
- Provide assistance and support to the cutter as required
- Consistency be aware of all Health & Safety and safe work best practice procedures and equipment
- Ensure General Manager is aware of any issues relating to safety and safe work practices within the workshop.
- Adhere to the workshop schedule in relation to daily, weekly, monthly and annual cleaning and maintenance of all tools, equipment, supplies and work areas throughout the workshop
- Ensure new product and supplies are placed and stored in appropriate storage areas, consistently maintaining safe work best practice in doing so.
- Be aware of installation timelines and schedule demands/deadlines, ensuring the General Manager is made aware of any timeline’s issues.
You will be proficient in using the following tools, however training will be provided too if needed.
- Feestool Saw and Tracking System and Festool Orbital Sander and Grit Pads
- Festol Drill Driver
- Angle Grinder and Skills Saw
- Dremel/Rotary Tool
- Various other tools
Further training is provided that covers areas such as Technical, Fabrication, Installation, Machinery, Plumbing and Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hands on experience either as an apprentice or in a commercial environment would be highly desirable
- Carpentry joinery experience
- Knowledge of plumbing
- Excellent physical ability which allows you to safely lift and carry up to 35KG (loading, transporting/installing)
- Excellent time keeping skills in order to meet strict deadlines
- Fabricating experience is desirable
- Knowledge of granite is highly desirable
- A willingness to continually learn and develop new skills
- Well-presented and great communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
This is a full-time position working Monday – Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm with occasional weekends and in return the company is offering a Competitive Salary of £18,000 - £25,000 depending on experience.
If you feel that you have meet the above requirements then please send us your CV to Plymouth@wiseemployment.co.uk. We look forward to hearing from you today!Apply Now