Goods in Supervisor
Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Salary: GBP18500 - 18500 per Annum
Benefits: free parking, 21days+bank holidays
Job Ref: KPGIM1
Posted: 10/12/2020Apply Now
Wise Employment are currently recruiting for a Goods in Supervisor for a growing, quality production company based in the Plymouth area.
What your day will look like:
You must be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- Evidence of managing a Goods Inwards area and 3+ team members.
- Manage your area in compliance with Risk Assessments, Legal Responsibilities and Safe Working Practices.
- Ensure 'Clean as you go' method of working is followed by all your team.
- Advise your team on how to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace.
- Ensure all tasks (direct and in-direct) have an agreed process.
- Manage your team to ensure all tasks (direct and in-direct) are carried in line with agreed process.
- Identify process improvements demonstrating understanding of Continuous Improvement methods, ensure your team are focussed on Continuous Improvement through positive role modelling.
- Manage the area in line with 5s standard, ensure your team understand and are adhering to 5s standard (Sort, Set, Shine, standardise & sustain).
- Manage Stock Accuracy and Conduct Inventory
- Drive cross functional working as one team to ensure delivery of site Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and targets.
- Manage your team to ensure receipt of stock is received in line with agreed process. Stock is put away in line with agreed process in pursuit of zero errors.
- Manage the productivity of your team to achieve agreed targets in cost and efficiency.
- Manage operational process to maximise the opportunity for productivity, escalate issues preventing productivity and manage impacts on productivity to minimise operational impact.
- Contribute to activities to improve efficiency metrics through Continuous Improvement methods in line with process.
- Ensure your team are aware of their responsibility regarding Safety, Quality, Costs, Delivery and People (SQCDP)
- Coach, lead, and motivate your team through role modelling and inspirational leadership.
- Take accountability for self-development through a robust and live Personal Development Plan, for review at your Team Manager review with Line Manager.
- Brand Ambassador - promote the values of the business throughout your role.
- Identify and nurture talent within your team through succession planning and upskilling those who have potential to grow.
- Day-to-day management as well as all ongoing training, performance requirements and assessments of your team.
This role will be working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm and this is a permanent opportunity with a salary of £18,525 depending on experience.
This role also offers free parking and 21 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
If you are keen on progressing your career for a long–standing and reputable company, earning a competitive salary please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now