Applications Manager - Life Sciences - Diagnostics
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
Salary: GBP50000 - 50000 per Annum
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
Job Ref: BRCA00036N
Posted: 04/11/2020Apply Now
An outstanding opportunity for an outstanding New Technology professional who has a PhD in a life science - ideally biotech and a proven track record of working with clients in a wet lab environment!
This is an opportunity to work for a rapidly expanding niche Group of Companies that work within the proteins/reagents and diagnostics markets.
This position will be responsible for all new technology and will act as an intermediary between the clients and the teams within Group. The role is to identify requirements and work with internal teams to ensure that the clients have the right products and diagnostic equipment to carry out the work to be undertaken. This position will also support the sales team in managing client requests, handling pricing, and new quotes, and problem solving on behalf of client issues.
Background and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a PhD in Biotechnology or equivalent
- A background in Sample preparation – consumables or reagents
- Confident to discuss applications with the end user
- Ideally experience of having worked in a wet lab environment to be able to relate to clients accordingly.
- The role will be joining the team that will be working on preparing biological materials for analysis. The team manages the preparation of protein samples
- A PhD in a relevant discipline, or equivalent, and experience of preparing either proteins for structural analysis or biological samples for imaging is ideal.
- The role will also require excellent organisational ability and prioritisation skills
- Strong time management and evidence of achieving deadlines.
- High energy
Day to day responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the identification and discussion of new products with clients.
- Providing products for wet lab environment
- Qualifying and validating new products
- Assisting with regulatory registration of any products
- Speaking to end users and managing enquiries and resolving issues
- Attendance at exhibitions and managing workshops and seminars regarding products.
- Presentations in conferences, trade shows and exhibitions
- Supports the sales team in client problems/ troubleshooting
- Establishes new quotes and product pricing based on client request
Based from Sheffield with a competitive salary and benefits package.
For further information contact us now!Apply Now